Quite some time ago, I bought a Dresden ruler with the hopes of one day using it.
That day finally came after a friend gave me a stack of vintage fabric.
I wanted to showcase the pretty florals but was afraid to piece a complete quilt out of them as they are vintage and not as strong as they once were.
So, I pulled out the Dresden ruler and gave it a go.
It was so easy to make them!
Instead of making 3 whole Dresden 'stars' I made one and two halves that I finished off by turning the raw edges in by 1/4" and then just stitching them on that way.
The base fabric is yarn-dyed Essex linen and then the backing is also some vintage fabric as is the binding. I really like how the polka dot fabric cut on the bias made for such a fun pattern on the binding. Unintentional but a great surprise!
I will admit--the quilting is not perfect on here.
The section where the lines curve--that happened while I was going into labour.
I was sewing during contractions, trying to finish up before deciding whether or not to head into the hospital.
(I did end up going in and sure enough, by 4 the next morning our 6th child was born!)
I ended up binding it 3 weeks later--eager to get it off my desk and onto the table where it now adds a vintage touch to the living room.