Saturday, December 26, 2015

Dungaree Dress, a Raglan, and a Sale!

Merry Christmas yet!
 
 It feels like it's been a while since I've posted any new outfits.
I have been busy with some, but it has been rather slow in my sewing area!
I thought I'd share this dress--I made it a little while back now, but never blogged about it yet.


 
It is the Cassidy Dungaree Dress by Modkid.
I used a denim I had in my stash, and since I had no purple topstitching thread, I used regular thread.
It is a lot lighter than it would have been with topstitching thread, but it does the trick in a pinch.

 
I love the details on the dress, the pockets, the front seam, and the topstitching.
I did not like the buckles I bought. They keep slipping open, even though I've tried bending them in a little tighter.

 
The top is a raglan from an Ottobre--the Rascal Raglan which I've also used here.
The fabric is from Girl Charlee a while back now--they have it in a different color way but I haven't seen this purple for quite a while now. The grey is also from Girl Charlee.
 
 
My daughter loves this outfit, even with the unhitching straps.
And, it's a sturdy denim so it should outlast her time of wearing it!
(Many of her dresses have been patched, either because they get caught on barbed wire, a tree, or in her coat zipper, even!)
 
Oh, and have you heard of the sale yet?
It ends on the 28th (and I don't know if it ends in the AM at 12 or in the PM at 12) but in my Etsy shop, you can get 25% off using the code BD2015 for Boxing Day.
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!