Friday, September 5, 2014

Joyce Ann Bonnet

I recently was able to test a super cute cap and bonnet pattern by Stitchwerx.
 
 
I sewed up the XXS view A on my 2 month old in a quilting cotton.

 
The outer fabric is from the thrift shop while the lining is from Connecting Threads.

 
And, the ties--those beautiful, lovely, lacey ties! I have no idea where I originally got them--I think they were tied on a gift or something and I hoarded them away, but they were meant for this project, I think!

Ha, no--she's not sitting by herself yet--I'm holding her!

This pattern has 3 views--two for the summer, one for the winter and sizes galore--from preemie/nb all the way up to adult!
I plan on sewing up new bonnets for the girls next summer, and if you see me walking around with one--don't be too surprised.


 
It reminds me of Laura Ingalls from the books, 'Little House on the Prairie.' I loved those books as a child and still do!

 
So, make sure to hop over to Stitchwerx and get your copy of this great pattern!
 

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!