Monday, September 8, 2014

Getting Ready for Winter...

I'm definitely NOT looking forward to winter...I prefer to stick around 25 degrees (Celsius) or warmer...that's ideal.
I love my summers--walking around bare foot, the green grass, the beautiful flowers, the awesome thunder storms, not having to bundle 5 kids up to go outside.
I'm definitely a summer person.
 But, we've been thrown into winter--September 8 and we have our first layer of snow. Bah!
 
When Mel from Filles a Maman put out a second tester call for her accessory patterns, I knew I had to be in on it. (I hadn't signed up for the first just because I had waaay too much stuff on my plate for the end of August.)
 
 
These three patterns are once again done so well!
And, I feel stylish wearing these accessories.
 

 
The sizing on all of them are for babies all the way to adult so you can make them for the whole family!
I knew I wanted to make them for myself first--I know exactly what would happen if I didn't: I'd make them for the kids and then run out of time to make them for myself.
Nope, not going to happen.
 
 
I used a ponte knit from Girl Charlee (referral link) and I only had to use a yard to make all three accessories.
Mel made a great video to accompany the Beanie pattern--it helps so much in figuring out how to twist it, especially if you are a visual learner!
 
The patterns come in a bundle for $8.95 or separately for $6 each.
So, hop on over and get yours so you can be ready for winter!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!