Monday, July 21, 2014

KCW Day 1 and Some More Refashioning

It's Kids Clothes Week!!
Here is my Day 1!
 
kid's clothes week
 
Before Leah was born, I cleaned out my clothes closet.
I got rid of a lot of clothes that didn't fit, weren't modest, or were just getting really old.
(I have a lot of really old--like high school old!)
In my pile of cast-offs were four tank tops that weren't up to my standard of modesty, so they got cut up.
 
 
I made my daughter undies.
There are only 3 pairs in the pictures but I made 6 pairs--two from each tank top plus the white tank top for the binding.

 
I love refashioning or up-cycling clothes like this.
It's less wasteful and it's a fun challenge seeing how I can arrange the pattern pieces to get as much usable fabric out of the garment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!