Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Polo Shirt for my Man!

 
Yep, that's my man!
I'm quite surprised he actually posed for me.
But, what he's modelling for me today is the Jalie Polo shirt I sewed up for him last week. I think I'll be sewing more of these--I really like how it turned out!
It has some great details like a back yoke, which if you look closely you can see--I surprised myself with how the lines matched up.

 
And, then the shoulder tabs add some good detailing.
 

I had actually asked him what details he wanted--wether he wanted two pockets or one, with button flap closure or none. Shoulder tabs or not.
I like how we think alike--this is what I would've done if it had been up to myself as well.
 

 
The main fabric is from Fabricland which we (as in my husband and I) spotted as we were getting the other fabrics cut. It was on sale, otherwise I would never have bought it at around $20/metre! And, my rather enabling husband was along--some encouragement from him as well. So, of course I had to sew something for him out of it--though I threatened him that I might keep it for myself--it is so thick and luxurious feeling.
(I know--why am I sewing something thick just before summer...would've been better to sew this up in the fall!)
The black ribbing that I used for the collar, placket, pocket, shoulder tabs, and sleeve bands are from the 2nd-hand store here in town.
For the collar, instead of regular interfacing, I found in an earlier project that Wonder Under works as a interfacing as well. My Decor-bond interfacing is a bit heavy for projects like this.
 
 
 
Have you checked out the giveaway and joined up to sew for Pregnancy Care Centres, here?
 
FABulous Home Sewn
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!