Monday, January 28, 2013

Another Sassy Dress

Quite some time ago I bought this dress at the thrift store with the intent of upcycling it. Eventually.
 
 
I finally got around to using it. Ties and all. I actually have very little usable material left.
 
 
I used the sassy dress pattern from the book Fabric by Fabric: One Yard Wonders.
I've made one before in size 2T which still fits my daughter except it is getting a little short.
So, I cut this one a couple of inches longer, still using the 2T pattern because my children are all rather skinny.  

 
She was quite excited to try it on--black (actually dark navy blue) tights and all.
I had looked in her closet the other day and saw these tights in the dim light of her room. I thought, 'Right, she has black tights, now is the time to make that dress.' When I pulled them out today to put them on her, I realized my error, but it is hard to tell when she is wearing them.

 
Yep, it passes inspection. Pockets are a great bonus.
 


1 comment:

  1. I have a little girl turning 3 in June too! She also loves her pockets, especially if she gets to put money inside.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!