Friday, July 20, 2012

Itty Bitty Baby Dress

Remember that Rhapsodia Fat Quarter Bundle I won? Well, I found out that a certain sister-in-law loved the bright colors, and it just so happens that she had a sweet little baby girl last week. So, I cut into that beatiful, bright fabric and sewed up an Itty Bitty Baby Dress from Made by Rae.


I really like how the different, bright colors worked together--I even added some extra color by doing some color blocking on the front bodice.


 I didn't add the piping and I actually made a hem instead of using bias tape. The dress was bright and colorful enough without the added detailing of piping and bias tape.


This is such a fun, quick pattern for a newborn dress--perfect for baby gifts!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!