Monday, March 19, 2012

"Don't Feel Sorry for Her..."

My husband and I took our four kids to Rona the other day to buy a new kitchen sink(!) and we were heading into line to pay for it. As our 7 week old was getting fussy, my husband gave me the keys and I headed to the vehicle, manuevering the 'cadillac' of a stroller around the others in line, and trying to keep my 4 and 3 year old from running out the door onto the street. After strapping three of them in, I plunked down in my seat and nursed the 7 week old, all the while fielding questions from my 4 year old. A couple of minutes later, my husband came to the vehicle, loaded the sink in the back, and sat in the driver's seat, waiting for me to be done nursing and changing another poopy diaper. He told me of a conversation he had had with the lady that was in front of him in line. Apparently, as I was heading out, she told him that she felt sorry for me for having four kids. My husband's awesome response was, 'Don't feel sorry for her--she's happy!'
I am. I am happy to be the blessed mother of four beautiful children. Children are not something to feel sorry about having--'blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.'
Yes, they fight, they make a mess, they wake up at crazy hours at night, they break things I once thought were precious, I can't do all the things I might have done if I didn't have them, and there are days where I have to remind myself that they are indeed a blessing. But, when I look to Christ, and remember how He loves us, how He lay down His life for us 'while we were yet sinners,' how can I not love the children God has given us? How can I not show my children that I love them, that I am indeed blessed, no matter how hectic or busy my day gets.
To all the mothers out there, whose 'hands are full' of little blessings, continue on! Look to our dear Savior for the strength and patience needed to raise these blessings in the fear of His name!

1 comment:

  1. Love this!! And good for your hubby for having such a great response...I usually think of those too late!:) yes, we are so blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!